With the dark days of Winter fast approaching, we’ve been doing our best to capitalize on the last surge of fresh produce afforded by the glorious Fall we have been enjoying. While I am looking forward to comfort dishes like this and this, the recipe below is just the (delicious) ticket for a lazy, sunny Fall evening.
While this may not be Vietnamese in the strictest sense, it arose from my deep love of that cuisine and has all the fresh, satisfying tang of my favorite dishes of the aforementioned variety. I hope you enjoy it as well!
- 1 large onion, halved, sliced into thin rounds, then cut in thirds
- 6 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh ginger
- 1-2 Tbsp. sesame oil for frying
- 1 packet rice vermicelli (or capellini if you’re in a pinch)
- 1 bell pepper, diced small
- 2 stocks celery, diced