As summer’s heat begins to warm our bodies, it is nice to have a cooling dessert to turn to in the evening. This simple recipe is easy to make in advance for a get together, or just whip together in a moment’s inspiration.
Choose your melon carefully, as a ripe, fragrant specimen is what really gives this dessert depth. Similarly, fresh ground cardamom is far superior to pre-ground.
Cantaloupe in Rose & Cardamom Coconut Cream
- 1 ripe cantaloupe
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp fresh ground cardamom powder
- 1 tsp rose water (Should just be rose oil and water. Avoid alcohol-based varieties.)
- 2 Tbsp agave nectar or honey
- A handful of pistachios, crushed
- Small bundle of fresh mint leaves, chiffonade or chopped
Using a melon baller, scoop out the flesh from cantaloupe into a container with a lid. Refrigerate for a bit to cool.
Using a… Continue reading